General Work Arrangements
This document specifies the terms and conditions of the Work from Home Agreement between [employee name] and [Company], beginning on [date] and ending on [date].
The days and hours when the employee is expected to be physically present in the workplace are [days] between the hours of [hours] and additional times designated by their supervisor.
- The alternate work site is [address].
- The days and hours when the employee is expected to work from home are [days] and [hours].
- The employee’s duties and responsibilities:
- Will remain the same as when working at the regular Company worksite; OR
- The specific duties and assignments authorized to be conducted at this alternate worksite are [duties].
- Effective communication is essential for this arrangement to be successful. The employee agrees to remain accessible during designated work hours. The following methods and times of communicating are agreed upon: [contact methods, individuals, required frequency of communication, etc.].
- The Company may terminate this agreement at any time, without notice, for any reason or no reason at all.
Policies and Procedures
- All applicable Employee Handbook policies apply.
- All employees must track and record their hours worked in the same manner required as when working at the regular Company worksite.
- Nonexempt employees:
- Break and rest periods must be taken as required by law and/or Company policy.
- Requests to work overtime or to use sick leave, vacation, or other leave must be approved by the employee’s supervisor in the same manner as required when working at the regular Company worksite.
- The employee agrees to and understands that all obligations, responsibilities, terms, and conditions of employment with the Company remain unchanged, except those obligations and responsibilities specifically addressed in this agreement.
Safety, Equipment, and Information Security
- The employee agrees to maintain a work environment that is ergonomically sound, clean, safe, and free of obstructions and hazardous situations.
- The employee agrees to use Company-owned equipment, records, and materials for Company business only, and to protect them against unauthorized or accidental access, use, modification, destruction, or disclosure. The precautions described in this agreement apply regardless of the storage media on which information is recorded, the locations where the information is stored, the systems used to process the information, or the processes by which the information is handled.
- The employee agrees to report to the Company any instances of loss, damage, or unauthorized access at the earliest reasonable opportunity.
- The employee agrees to allow electronic and/or physical access to their remote worksite for purposes of assessing safety, property maintenance, and security methods, as well as job performance.
- The employee agrees to report work-related injuries to the supervisor at the earliest reasonable opportunity. The employee agrees to hold the Company harmless for injury to others at the alternate work site.
Equipment, Furniture, and Supplies
- The employee agrees that the following equipment, furniture, services (e.g., telephone, internet connection, etc.) and/or supplies will be supplied by the Company: [items provided and details of purchase, pick-up, delivery, set-up, maintenance, etc.].
- The employee understands that all equipment, records, and materials provided by the Company remain the property of the Company.
- The employee agrees to return Company equipment, records, and materials within five business days of termination of this agreement.
- Upon request, any Company-issued equipment must be returned to the Company by the employee for inspection, repair, replacement, or repossession within five business days.
- All equipment, furniture, and/or supplies not listed in item one will be supplied and maintained by the employee.
- The employee understands that their personal vehicle will not be used for Company business unless specifically authorized by the Company.
Taxes and Zoning Regulations
The employee understands that they are responsible for tax consequences, if any, of this arrangement, and for conformance to any local zoning regulations.
I have read and understand this Work from Home Agreement. I understand that violations of this agreement may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
Employee Signature: ___________________________________________________________
Employee’s Name (print): ______________________________________ Date: ____________
Representative Signature: _______________________________________________________
Representative’s Name (print): __________________________________ Date: ____________